Friday, March 16, 2007

Merck Vaccine Not All It's Cracked Up to Be

Nope, I'm not talking about that vaccine. I'm talking about the Chicken Pox vaccine the government has been pushing on us since the mid-90's. It turns out it may be doing as much harm as it is good. Read more over at Yahoo:

Effects of Chicken Pox Vaccine Fade Over Time

From the article:

And with fewer natural cases of the disease going around, unvaccinated children or children in whom the first dose of the vaccine fails to work have been catching the highly contagious disease later in life, when the risk of severe complications is greater, they said.


So if none of us were getting the vaccine, we might be a lot safer. Interesting stuff indeed...

2 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I had chicken pox (VZV) when I was 10. It's so much better to get all childhood diseases when you're in that age because if you do get it as an adult, it's very self-limiting. With my line of work it helps too that I can see patients with these problems and be totally protected because of my antibodies.

So have you had chicken pox hap?

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Hap Moorii said...

Yeah, I've had it, but my 3 year old has been vaccinated already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home