Monday, September 10, 2007

SC4Huckabee

After a comment left on my site, I started reading SC4Huckabee's blog. At times, the posts have been interesting and informative, dare I say more so than most of the official blogs of other candidates on both sides of the aisle. Nevertheless, SC4Huckabee managed to lose my respect with this paragraph in a post about Huckabee and Paul's exchange in the Fox debate:

As we all know this debate will stick out because of brief moments when Congressman Paul and Governor Huckabee had a passionate debate on Iraq, and I am going to say it like it should be said Ron Paul is wrong America NEVER brought upon itself the attacks on 9-11 and I am tired of hearing negatives like that from those who want to be our next president. For those of you that do not know Governor Huckabee, I think he was very disturbed by Ron Pauls comments because this is not the first debate he has alluded to these same comments.In Columbia, SC during the third debate, he did the same thing and I am grateful that Governor Huckabee took a jab back at Ron Paul and put him in his spot on Wednesday. Governor Huckabee responded because he cares about this country and wants the best for all Americans.


As you'll recall, I blogged about my disappointment in part of Ron Paul's response. I'll even take it a step further. I agree with Huckabee's "you break it, you bought it" metaphor. Unfortunately, that doesn't change anything in the Daily Show's skewering of U.S. foreign policy, and to suggest otherwise is either ignorance or deception.

Actions come with consequences. Trying to suggest otherwise is absurd. Giuliani attempted it in an earlier debate, and SC4Huckabee has decided to try it now. In so doing, I think SC4Huckabee, well intentioned though he may be, does his candidate of choice a disservice.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Randy said...

What the heck are you talking about?

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Hap Moorii said...

Did my post not make sense? In an earlier debate, probably the CNN debate, Giuliani tore into Paul when Paul spoke about "blowback" regarding our actions in the Middle East. In the middle of the paragraph that I posted, you'll see the same sentiment from SC4Huckabee. That's what I'm responding to in this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home