Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Hypocrite Series: Giuliani on Health Care

I know little of Giuliani's record so he could have been just as dishonest as Romney on this issue of health care tonight. Nevertheless, he did put forward some of the ideas I've advocated over the years. Everyone should have access to tax free insurance premiums if we're going to give that to large employers. Everyone should have access to an HSA if large employers can give employees cafeteria plans. The tax system needs some equity built into it.

While I agree with him about letting the free market solve the remaining problems, I doubt he's willing to go to the extent required to really let the free market loose. It means unwinding state and federal laws to an unprecedented extent, and I really believe Giuliani is about more government and more control, not less.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home