Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Microsoft's Home Run

I'm not sure how vocal I've been about it on this blog, but I'm a long-time Microsoft detractor. For years, I was an OS/2 user and even enjoyed playing around in comp.os.os2.advocacy from time to time. In fact, to this day, I prefer OS/2 as a client platform to OS X (my day-to-day work platform), Linux (pick a desktop, they're all pathetic), and Windows. It was maybe 4 years ago that they finally pried OS/2 away from me.

Anyway, back to the point. Microsoft...bad, bad, evil, derivative, unoriginal...sorry, wrong post.

Microsoft has come out with a product that you have to see to believe. Digg links us to Gizmodo for this morning's Today Show demonstration. If you don't watch the demo, you'll be saying they have touch-screen interfaces at every restaurant chain in America. At least, that's what I was saying. After watching the video, all I can think about is buying stock. It's as if Bill Gates watched Minority Report and told his R&D department to get as close as they could.

Head over to Microsoft's Surface site to check it out. The site doesn't work worth a flip in Firefox, but oh well. Them's the breaks with Microsoft. I lost my moral authority to gripe about product tie-ins when I joined the Apple camp.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home